Grab ‘n’ Go Pancake Muffins from Everyday Grain-Free Baking
I’ve been a devoted reader of The Nourishing Home Blog for a very long time. I love Kelly’s fresh take on recipes that are practical for my busy family. I am so excited to have the chance to review Kelly’s new book, ‘Everyday Grain-Free Baking‘, AND share her Grab n’ Go Pancake Muffins (AKA Pancake Muffins on the Go) recipe!
With more than 100 irresistible recipes, Everyday Grain-Free Baking teaches you how easy it is to create grain-free, dairy-free versions of all your favorite baked goods.
From breads, biscuits and muffins to savory snacks and decadent treats, you’ll find step-by-step instructions, beautiful color photographs and helpful tips & tidbits to make all of your GF baking adventures a delicious success!
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll find in Everyday Grain-Free Baking
• More than 100 delicious, easy-to-make recipes that are gluten-free, grain-free, starch-free, refined-sugar-free and dairy-free, or contain dairy-free options.
• My Journey to Healing is Kelly’s personal story shared to inspire those suffering from chronic illnesses that there is hope!
• Why Bake Grain-Free? outlines the many benefits of grain-free baking.
• Strategies for Maximizing Success features Kelly’s personal tips for ensuring that all of your grain-free baking adventures receive rave reviews!
• My Grain-Free Kitchen includes an overview of the key ingredients that make grain-free baking a success, as well as recommendations for helpful baking essentials.
• Tips & Tidbits and Recipe Variations are included throughout the book to make each recipe a snap – and provide you with even more options for making amazing grain-free baked goods that taste just like traditional favorites!
As shown above, Everyday Grain-Free Baking features a delicious assortment of recipes the whole family will love! In fact, there’s an entire chapter devoted to each of these traditional baked good favorites:
- Breads & Rolls
- Scones & Crackers
- Pancakes & Waffles
- Pies, Tarts & Crisps
- Cakes & Cupcakes
- Classic Cookies
- Brownies & Bars
- Sweet Additions
Kelly’s mission in creating Everyday Grain-Free Baking is to transform the everyday comfort foods we each hold dear into delightfully flavorful and satisfying grain-free versions that are so remarkably similar to traditional gluten-based foods that everyone will enjoy these recipes, whether or not they’re living a GF lifestyle.
In fact, Kelly’s recipes really do taste like the real deal, because she knows so many of us struggle with the same challenge – trying to make tasty healthy foods that the whole family can enjoy without having to become a short-order cook!
As we all know, this can be especially challenging when some members of your family are living grain-free, while other members of your family are not. Finding recipes that will work for everyone that actually taste AMAZING is what Everyday Grain-Free Baking is all about!
Without further ado, here is Kelly’s Grab ‘n’ Go Pancake Muffin recipe!
- 1/3 cup plain coconut milk yogurt (or coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1¾ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup diced strawberries
- ¼ cup whole blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8 muffin cups in a 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil. Set aside.
- 2. Place all of the liquid ingredients except the eggs into a blender or food processor. Then place all of the dry ingredients on top. Cover and blend on low 10–15 seconds just until well combined. (Batter will be thick.)
- 3. Add the eggs and blend on low about 15–20 seconds, then increase to high and blend 20–30 seconds, just until eggs are incorporated into the batter. (Do not overmix or muffins will not be tender.)
- 4. Transfer the muffin batter to a bowl and fold in the berries. Evenly divide the pancake muffin batter among the 8 prepared muffin cups.
- 5. Bake for 15–18 minutes, until slightly golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 6. Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool 2–3 minutes in the tin. Run a knife around the edges of each cup and invert the pan over a sheet of parchment. Then grab a couple and go!
Be sure to grab your copy of Everyday Grain-Free Baking today and rediscover the joy of baking everyday favorites your whole family will love!
Sarah is a wife, mom of 4, farm owner, and real food blogger at Real Food Outlaws. She is also an Master Herbalist and owns 90210 Organics, an Eco-boutique and Apothecary. She holds a Master’s Degree in Applied Clinical Nutrition from New York Chiropractic College and is a Clinical/Functional Nutritionist and Advanced Nutrition Response Testing™ Practitioner at Natural Health Improvement Center of South Jersey and Natural Health Improvement Center of Des Moines. You can often find her barefoot in the garden (or kitchen), or rummaging through a refrigerator (not necessarily her own).