- 1/3 C. Olive oil, butter or ghee
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced into thick rings or roughly chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- ¼ pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green or red pepper, seeds removed and cut into rings or roughly chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 4 firm tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ C. fresh chopped parsley
- ½ tsp. oregano or tarragon
- 2 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup or more grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat ghee in a large frying pan and sauté garlic and onion until onions are limp.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms and pepper and sauté a few minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and add the eggplant and tomatoes, parsley, oregano, basil and vegetable seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a casserole dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve at once.
- It can also be served cold along with dark bread and cheese.
What’s your favorite way to use up extra squash and eggplant?
This post contains affiliate links.
Sarah is a wife, mom of 4, farm owner, and real food blogger at Real Food Outlaws. She is also an Master Herbalist and owns 90210 Organics, an Eco-boutique and Apothecary. She holds a Master’s Degree in Applied Clinical Nutrition from New York Chiropractic College and is a Clinical/Functional Nutritionist and Advanced Nutrition Response Testing™ Practitioner at Natural Health Improvement Center of South Jersey and Natural Health Improvement Center of Des Moines. You can often find her barefoot in the garden (or kitchen), or rummaging through a refrigerator (not necessarily her own).