The Most Versatile Sourdough Pancake Recipe Ever!
We LOVE sourdough pancakes in my house! We have so much sourdough starter so I’ve been making different “flavored” pancakes almost daily using the same base recipe. No matter what I throw into it, I always get beautiful, fluffy pancakes. It really is awesome!
Some of our favorites are:
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 TBS maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Add-ins: 1 cup of any fruit, fresh or frozen
- Can also add nuts, chocolate chips, coconut, etc
- Put all the ingredients in a blender including the fruit unless you are using blueberries.
- If batter is too thin, add a little flour to thicken. I use Einkorn flour.
- Blend and cook on heated, buttered griddle.
- Serve with maple syrup and pastured butter.
Shared at Simple Meals Friday.
Sarah is a wife, mom of 4, farm owner, and real food blogger at Real Food Outlaws. She is also an Master Herbalist and owns 90210 Organics, an Eco-boutique and Apothecary. She holds a Master’s Degree in Applied Clinical Nutrition from New York Chiropractic College and is a Clinical/Functional Nutritionist and Advanced Nutrition Response Testing™ Practitioner at Natural Health Improvement Center of South Jersey and Natural Health Improvement Center of Des Moines. You can often find her barefoot in the garden (or kitchen), or rummaging through a refrigerator (not necessarily her own).